ChirpyWeb Account > Websites > How to Install
Once the website has been added, the How to Install section lets your install ChirpyWeb on your website. Following are the few ways to install ChirpyWeb on your website:
If you have a custom website, Manual Install would be your best option regardless of the back-end or platform. Following are the steps for Manual Install:
- Select the website from the top dropdown on which you would like to install ChirpyWeb on
- Copy the custom code and paste it before the </head> tag on all the website pages
- Download the Service Worker File and place it in the root directory of your website.
A domain’s document root, also known as the home folder, is the main folder that contains all of the files for either a domain or a subdomain.
- Click on “Verify Installation” make sure that everything is set up correctly
- Once you get a success message, the ChirpyWeb prompt will be enabled on your website.
ChirpyWeb has integrations with different CMS for seamless installation, below is the installation guide for each CMS:
ChirpyWeb’s WordPress Plugin lets you install ChirpyWeb on your website within minutes. Here are the installation steps:
- From the “How to Install” section, select the website from the top dropdown on which you would like to install ChirpyWeb on
- From your WordPress Admin dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New and search for “ChirpyWeb”
- Once presented with “ChirpyWeb – Web Push Notifications” plugin, click on Install Now followed by Activate
- Navigate to your ChirpyWeb Account > Websites > How to Install : Website Key. Copy the Website Key to your Clipboard
- Open the newly installed ChirpyWeb Plugin in your WordPress Admin.
- Enter the copied Website Key in the input box and click on Save.
- Once Saved, visit your website you will be able to see ChirpyWeb Opt-in Prompt.