Welcome to ChirpyWeb!
Information from customers
What information do we collect from customers and why?
- We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and payment details (for example, your credit card information).
- We use this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide you with advertising and marketing, and invoice you. We also use this information to make sure that we comply with legal requirements.
- We also data about how and when you access your account and the ChirpyWeb platform, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse through the ChirpyWeb interface.
- We use this information to give you access to and improve our Services; for example, to make our platform interface easier to use. We also use this information to personalize the Services for you. Finally, we may use this information to provide you with advertising or marketing.
- We collect information about your end users that you share with us. This includes, but is not limited to data collected for the Event Segmentation feature.
- Where we need to verify your identity (for example, if there are concerns around identity theft, or if you call into support and we need to authenticate your account), we may request that you provide us with government-issued identification information.
- We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making — for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen accounts for risk or fraud concerns.
- We will also use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect personal information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
- We also partner with third parties who provide us information about customers or prospective customers, for example to help us screen out customers associated with fraud.
When and why do we share this information with third parties?
- ChirpyWeb works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide you with our Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
- We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- To prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- To help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- To conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
- ChirpyWeb will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 7.
- ChirpyWeb is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Information from end users
What information do we collect from our customers’ end users and why?
- We collect our customers’ end users’ country, information about about the pages they visit within the customers’ website(s) and information about the device and browser they use. The data collected from end users is generally not PII (Personally Identifiable Information) with the exception of any sensitive user information our customers pass to us as Event Segments Attributes or Events.
- We use this information to improve our Services.
- IP addresses are not stored.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you use or access a website that uses our Services, such as when you visit a customers’s site, subscribe for push notifications or sign up for an account on a customer’s site.
- Additionally, we partner with third parties who provide us information about our customers’ end users, for example to help us screen out customers associated with fraud.
When and why do we share this information with third parties?
- ChirpyWeb works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide you with our Services and we may share information with them to support these efforts.
- Due to the implications of the push notification technology, ChirpyWeb relies on 3rd party services to actually deliver the push notifications. These services include: Google’s Firebase Cloud Messaging, Firefox Push Notifications and Apple Push Notification Service.
Information from ChirpyWeb website visitors and support users
What information do we collect and why?
- As you visit or browse the ChirpyWeb websites, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device. We also collect personal information submitted by you via any messaging feature available from any of our websites (“Messaging Feature”).
- From telephone support users, we collect your phone number, call audio, and other personal information you provide us during our call. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our call to verify your identity.
- From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide us during our chat. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity.
We use this information to verify your account, to provide and enhance our Services (including supporting or servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
When do we collect this information?
We collect this information when you visit the ChirpyWeb websites, use Services offered on our websites or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on or through our websites (including forums, blogs and via any Messaging Feature). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
Information from cookies and similar tracking technologies
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use web beacons, software development kits, and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For how long do we retain your personal information?
- In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us. For customers, this means we will keep your information as long as you maintain an account on our platform. For partners, this means we will keep your information until you inform us that you wish to terminate your partner relationship with us. For our customers’ end users, we process your information solely as a data processor on behalf of our customer, and it is up to the customer to determine how long they will store your information in our systems.
- Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you are a customer, you terminate your account and your personal information is purged.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
What we don’t do with your personal information?
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- Except as disclosed above, ChirpyWeb never sells or shares any end user information with individuals or companies other than the specific customer on whose website ChirpyWeb collected the end user information.
- If you are a customer using ChirpyWeb’s Services, we do not use the personal information we collect from you or your end users to independently contact or market to your end users. However, ChirpyWeb may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
ChirpyWeb works with customers and end users around the world, including in the EEA. As part of our service, we may transfer your personal information to other regions, including to Canada and the United States. In order to ensure that your information is protected when transferred out of the EEA, ChirpyWeb relies on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (described in more detail below), as well as inter-company agreements between our various affiliates that may process your information on behalf of ChirpyWeb.
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you are a customer, a partner, a visitor of ChirpyWeb’s websites, or a user of ChirpyWeb’s support services and wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below. If you are an end user of a customer who uses ChirpyWeb’s platform and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the customer you interacted with directly — we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation. In particular we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves, our customers, our partners, or other third parties (including our customers’ end users):
- To provide customers and others with our services and applications;
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- To provide communications, marketing, and advertising;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To provide troubleshooting, support services, or to answer questions;
- To test out features or additional services; and
- To improve our services, applications, and websites.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organisational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
Control over and access to your personal information
ChirpyWeb understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are a customer or a partner, you can update many types of personal information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit ChirpyWeb’s websites or use our support services, please contact us to make the required changes. If you are a customer’s end user and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the customer you interacted with directly — we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how ChirpyWeb processes your personal data, please contact ChirpyWeb by email at [email protected].